This is the journal of Benedict Beaumont as he travels round India on a Mororbike.

This is the journal of Benedict Beaumont as he travels round India on a Mororbike.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Ollie

'So what did I learn from the Tushita Meditation Class? Good question!

Well I met a lot of good people, but I didn't really get to know them until after the course - it was silent!' He giggled. 'Most of them ended up here in Rishikesh. I did another course afterwards, so have only just got here.

'But what did I really learn.... hmm. I learned a lot about Tantra. The secret way. In ancient Tibet these instructions were only given out to advanced practitioners. We all have Buddha Nature, but its clouded. Tantra is about visualising yourself, or manifesting yourself as a deity, letting it dissolve into you.

'I learnt about Lamrim. The steps to the path of enlightenment. They are really clear instructions, which I hadn't head before.

'But I think that I also learnt that Tibetan Buddhism is not for me. There is a lot of Tibetan Culture and mysticism mixed up in it.

'I think there can be some problems with anger as well. There is tendency not to confront problems, just to try and meditate them away. Doesn't really work. Just turns people passive aggressive.

'What was I doing before I came here? Sales actually. Surprisied? Shy guy like me. Well its a long story, but it led me to Buddhism too.

. I'm 26 now. I studied physics at UCL, travelled in South East Asia, anded up in Asutralia. Worked on yacht for 6 months, then found myself in Melbourne, looking for work. Met a girl in a bar, and ended up working with her as a charity fundraiser. Yes, thats right a chugger!

'The first two weeks were tough, I hated it. But after that I started enjoying meeting people, and I did quite well.

'When I got back to the UK, I looked around for Sales jobs, and after a couple, ended up selling software to dot net developers in the states. It wasn't hard selling, they already had trial software, so it was about selling on other products as well.

'But before that I was working for a company that sold coaching advice to people wanting to meet and date girls. You worked in IT? Well we got a lot of techies ha!

'I actually started coaching myself. I know its a bit strange, as I am actually quite shy. But I think that worked in my favour - a lot of the coaches appear like Supermen to the clients, they could relate to me a lot more.

'Have you read The Game? Its all about the psychology of picking up Women. Its always in FHM and magazines like that. I'll tell you one theory if you like, actually I'll draw you a diagram. Its Markovic's Mystery Model of Seduction.

'There are four basic phases, the Intitial Approach, the Attraction Phase, The Rapport/Comfort Phase, and the Seduction. You can can fail at any of the stages, and sometimes you have to go back a step to go forward. Whats the LMR/ASD? Has thats the Last Minute Resistance or the Anti Slut Defence!

'I got a bit fed up of it in the end. A lot of the guys had really serious problems. Their issues weren't just about meeting girls, but much deeper pathological problems.

'I'm really interested in this actually. I may take a course back home. Have you ever had therapy? Do you know much about it? Yeah, I think it will work quite well the Buddhism as well.

'What am I going to do next? I went out to South America last year, and I loved it. I have some friends in Brazil, Sao Paulo. I may go out there.

'But tomorrow? Rajesthan!'

This was just fragments of conversation had with Ollie. We hung out all afternoon, played Pool, talked until the Sun went down. He was full of surprises, although he was naturally quite reserved, as many English are, he was brave enough to work on himself and push himself in different ways.. He is already a wise man at young age.

No comments:

Post a Comment